In the analysis and design stage of software development, the focus gradually shifts from "What to build" to "How to build".
You must be aware that the Requirement Specifications Document acts as the exit criteria of the Requirement Stage. This same document is the entry criteria for the Analysis Stage. Functional Specifications Document is the exit criteria for the Analysis Stage and in turn the entry criteria for the Design Stage. In the Design Stage, the Detailed Design Document is the most important document that gets created and is used as the basis of Code Construction in the Code Construction Stage.
Analysis and Design are one of the foremost stages in software development cycle.
Analysis is the software engineering task that bridges the gap between the software requirements stage and software design. The objective of software analysis is to state precisely what the system will do to provide a solution to the client's need at a functional level. This is captured in the Functional Specification Document.
Design creates a detailed Design Document that acts as the "blue-print" for the developers or the team that will construct the code to create the system. The typical elements of software design include Program Architectural Design, Data Design, Interface Design, and Component Design.
Typical Contents of design documents.
A design document will contain following details typically.
- Data design
- It describes external file structures, internal data structures and a cross reference that connects data objects to specific files.
- It explains how data will be stored and maintained in the system.
- Program Architecture design
- Program structure/hierarchy.
- The program structure/hierarchy can be depicted here.
- Program Units.
- Program units can be differentiated by the set of related services that they offer.
- Document Program units.
- Design of program interfaces.
- Cross – reference from program to data design.
- Identification of the packages(Logical grouping of programs)
- Program specifications
- Algorithms and functions to implement the system.
There are two approaches to creating the Design Specifications in a project. One is the Structured Analysis and Design Technique that can be traced to the 1970s. The other is a newer concept called the Object Oriented approach which as a concept was developed from 1990s.
SSAD makes a heavy use of functional decomposition.
The object-oriented technique on the other hand focuses on the system behavior. In the recent years OOAD technique has become very popular with software engineers. Objects represent a sample expected system behavior and they are called upon to function as a whole. Re-usable and common objects help in achieving greater modularity and are manageable from the project management perspective.
- Custom Application Development:
As the name suggests, Custom applications are designed and development for a specific function/need that is specific to a client. Technically, any software developed is customized; the difference being that the packaged applications are designed for a generic functionality to serve a broad range of users. Our flexible, “Client-Driven” approach enables the client to materialize virtually and concept.
- Application Migration:
Most organizations, at some time, face the problem of integrating their existing systems with the Web or shifting from the existing technology or platform to some other technology/platform while still retaining the competitive advantage of their conventional and established systems. Our migration and re-engineering services help you successfully transform your already systems and data to other platforms.
- Application Testing:
We provide extensive testing for the applications which have already been developed. Our technical experts acquire in depth knowledge of the application and dedicated infrastructure and human resource is deployed in testing the application. The applications, at a macro level, are tested for performance, functionality, compatibility, regression. Independent modules/units are tested for the above mentioned features.
- Application Maintenance:
You ought to maintain the non-discretionary IT costs (cost of maintenance of the current running applications) in control. We provide low-cost management and future-proofing your mission-critical applications. Our application management and maintenance services ensure that your systems evolve with your business and are flexible to the changing market conditions.
- Application Migration:
Over the past few years, we have developed the skill and the expertise on various application development platforms and implementation solutions and integrating business strategy with technology. PSI has worked across various platforms and delivered excellence to clients ensuring speed and responsiveness and boosting efficiency of the business.
- Development Model:
In today’s dynamic IT environment where new architectures, processes and technologies are introduced constantly, we offer a right amalgamation of technical expertise, domain know-how and practical knowledge to successfully cater your unique enterprise requirements.
Elite uses OOAD (Object Oriented Analysis Design) to design the project. We specialize in all OOPS concepts to build an application which is user friendly and can be easily customizable.
Elite practice perfect system, which is highly client oriented and technologically proficient and has mature project management and sound metrics management as its key ingredients.
- Input to Custom Application Development:
- Technology Experts
- Domain Know-How
- Functional Knowledge
- Client Requirements
- Client Business Model
- Client Process Model
- Custom Application Development Process:
- Understand the business perspective in detail
- Adopt structured approach for extracting technical requirements from business requirement and developing a design
- Apply evolved development methodology, processes and frameworks
- Adhere to quality standards under ISO 9001:2008 at all phases of the project development
- Use of in-house and third party tools
- Systematic implementation of application at client end
- Exhaustive training of every application module involving rich interaction of every application user
- Custom Application Development Output:
- Improved business productivity via comprehensively customized application.
- Automating of business process enabling faster time to market.
- Increased coalition of IT implementation with business strategy.
- Enhanced employment of resources.
- Decreased costs by over 50%.
- Increased return on IT assets.